We offer several tree consultation services but we focus on planning and development in relation to trees.
Planning and development:
Surveys and reports conforming to the guidance stated in BS:5837:2012 Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction – recommendations. This will include:
- An initial tree survey and report with a tree constraints plan (created prior to any new design on the site). This will help identify trees to be retained based upon their condition, visual amenity and estimated life expectancy. The survey will also provide information on how the retained trees could affect design.
Further reports may also include:
- An arboricultural impact assessment (how the trees could be affected by the planned development and vice versa)
- A tree protection plan and arboricultural method statement (how to protect the trees that are to be retained during construction)
Tree risk assessment and management:
This begins with a survey to inspect the trees using the Visual Tree Assessment method. The result will be a report and map containing:
- Identification of the trees and several features that can be monitored over time
- Their current structural state
- Their current physiological state (health)
- Remarks and management recommendations with a time frame based on the urgency of the works (Work Priority)
- A map with the inspected trees numbered and plotted upon it with a colour code to depict which trees require work first based their Work Priority classification
New tree plantings:
We can advise on tree planting projects from start to establishment. This can include:
- Advice with the selection of trees to be planted.
- Nursery stock inspection and production
- Planting specifications such as pit construction and tree protection
- Aftercare requirements to ensure the successful establishment of your tree(s).
Basic tree inspection training
We provide training for people to be able to identify trees with major defects. These trees can then be inspected by more qualified persons to assess and then provide management recommendations.
Tree surveying and management tools:
Island Lescure is Pear Technology’s agent for India. This enables him to provide software and hardware to accurately speed up and streamline the surveying and management of trees. He can provide support to ensure you can make full use of the tools you need.
If you are unsure of what you require or if you are looking for other tree consultation services, please contact us by phone or email as we may be able to provide the service or we may be able to refer you to someone who can.